Planning For Business Owners
Before Hiring a Business Lawyer Understand the Difference
Let’s get started today
Many business lawyers take a “one-size-fits-all” approach with their clients; they do this so they can work with as many people as possible in a short period of time. One problem is you receive an impersonal experience; but even worse than that, this type of planning can lead to unintended results in the long run for your business.
When lawyers do not take the time to inquire, listen, understand and truly consider your businesses individual circumstances, the result is that your business documents and model does not end up reflecting what’s very best for the structure and ultimately growth of your business. So even though you may pay less up front to get a standard set of documents or corporate set up, you lose money in the long run.
My services are right for you if you want a trusted advisor for the life of your business to help you:
- Ensure you have the right business model in place and can navigate to a new one, if you don’t
- Get the right agreements in place with vendors, team members, investors, partners and others
- Explore potential opportunities
- Evaluate insurance buying decisions, asset protection planning choices, and tax saving strategies
- Avoid trouble and respond when you get too close to the edge.
Here are some of the ways I am different from most traditional business planning lawyers:
- All my fees are fixed fees agreed to in advance, so there are no surprises. At our initial meeting, you will choose the level of planning and fee that works best for your business, so there will never be any surprises.
- I am a proactive advisor who will check in with you and your business on a regular basis, and I’m ready to put my legal background to work to help you grow your business, and take the best-calculated risks so you can receive the biggest rewards. I don’t just prepare a set of legal documents for you and send you on your way until something happens.
- I meet with you at least quarterly via my Business Growth Membership program. I want to foster a lifetime, ongoing relationship with our clients so I can guide you through all of your business’ stages – preparing your business for succession or sale and always focused on helping you get to the next level. Throughout the life of your business, things change. You change; your assets change; your business changes; the law will definitely change. I am here to help you navigate those changes.
- I’m ready to answer your questions quickly and to make the legal process incredibly easy and painless for you and your business. You never have to worry about unreturned phone calls or endless games of phone tag.
- I help you get your legal and financial house in order by helping you make smart choices about things like buying insurance, selling your business, retirement planning so you never spend more than you have to or get taken advantage of by unscrupulous salespeople who see your business as a cash cow for them.
- Legacy Planning. I believe that your business is here to last and want to help make sure that’s the case. Your work is meaningful and I will work with you to keep it that way.